The mission of the Organisation is to position Ulundi as a leading African city of historical and cultural heritage nationally and internationally, through the development and implementation of strategic tourism marketing and promotion of sustainable and responsible tourism business practices for the benefit of the greater community.
Our Objectives are as follows:
- To promote Ulundi and surroundings nationally and internationally as a tourist destination and as the heart of the historical and cultural heritage of the region.
- To promote all tourist attractions in and aroud Ulundi.
- To encourage local communities to protect and preserve their areas and culture for the development of tourism in which they are active participants to create employment opportunities.
- To establish and provide a professional and good quality information service to visitors and the general public.
- To enhance the image of Ulundi nationally and internationally as a tourist destination.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the Organisation with other tourism roleplayers.
- To co-operate with all stakeholders involved with the socio-economic development of Ulundi and the region in order to promote tourism.
- To undertake fund-raising initiatives in order to achieve the objectives of the Organisation.
- To organise and take part in communnity activities to create awareness of the tourism potential of Ulundi and the region.
- To encourage all residents of Ulundi to take pride in their city as the heartland of KwaZulu Natal.
- To be in touch, take part and have input into the local planning process.
- To assist members to develop and market their tourism product.